BarbsBooks

For girls (and boys) who like boys,

who like boys. . . .

Live your Life, Buy the Book

BarbsBooks

Bound By Lies

Bound By Lies - Lynn Kelling

♡♥5 Stars - KAPOW!♥♡
A "Live Your Life, Buy The Book" Review

Oh man! Where do I start? How much do I write - when there is sooooo much to say? Damn! Wow! Amazing! KAPOW ! Probably not enough wordy bits for a review, right? So here goes.....

Brayden Clare has had a crap childhood. His mum, Lara, left his dad and then they moved in with his Nana when Lara couldn't manage on her own. His dad soon died, and Lara upsticks going God knows where and leaving her son behind. His school life was miserable - not only did kids whisper about his family life but they also bullied him for supposedly being gay. He leaves that miserable little town straight after graduation and heads to Florida. Now in Miami, it has taken him years, but he is finally accepting who he is, what he is and what he wants and needs in life. Then he gets a phone call from Nana, she is struggling to pay the bills and asks if he can come home and help out. Of course he says yes, even though he dreads returning to Robertsville. He applies for a bartending job at Parrish Pub and comes face to chest with the kind of guy who had made his life so miserable.... Jenner Parrish.

Jenner Parrish was everything Brayden hated - the ever popular Quarterback - boys wanted to be him, girls wanted to be with him. Jenner, however, lived his life behind that tough guy facade. He hated so much of what he saw his fellow team mates do and say over the years but was too scared to ever speak out, even now at 6ft4 and owner of his own Pub he still feels like he has to hide. All because he is terrified that his secret will be uncovered - the fact he is gay. He totally shuts people out, even his closest friends know not to overstep the mark. From the minute Jenner sees Brayden again, he is obsessed with him. The intensity of Jenner absolutely hooked me. Can a book character make you weak at the knees? He did to me. Such an awesome character.

When Brayden applies for the job at Parrish Pub Jenner simply cannot refuse, and so it begins - Jenner's bone deep need to have Bray; and Brayden's fear and yet sense of comfort that he feels around Jenner. What I loved about the book... well, one of the many things... is how it deals with the reaction of friends when you are in a BDSM relationship. Even your oldest friends, friends who know you best - seem to assume the worst, they don't understand the lines drawn and the fact that (even with the best intentions) it really has sod all to do with them. This is the only book I remember reading that really addresses this, and the author did a great job with it.

This book has two of the best MC's I have ever read. Jenner is just wonderful. His intensity almost melted my kindle. The sex scenes are scorching! I am not a huge fan of the Master calling his slave "slut" - I am not sure why, I just hate that. And I didn't like it in this book, but when it is balanced with such overwhelming desire and love? I get over it quick! :-D I did want to reach in and slap Brayden at times - but then I would think of his life and how everyone has left him, and I'd cut him some slack. He is so desperate to be wanted and needed, yet so scared to put himself in that position because he knows it won't last. It never does. Just so beautiful ♥ these guys are going to stay with me forever. Defintely one of my top 5 BDSM books ever. I cannot wait to read more by this author.

I honestly cannot recommend this book highly enough. Sexy. Sweet. Cute? Fuck your cute! (to understand that last comment you need to read the book :-D ) Go. Buy the Book! You will love it!

SOOOO EXCITED!!! I just saw that there will be a prequel with David and Jenner, and hopefully Shea!! (David trained Jenner ♥)