BarbsBooks

For girls (and boys) who like boys,

who like boys. . . .

Live your Life, Buy the Book

BarbsBooks

Pura Vida

Pura Vida - Sara Alva

5 Stars - KAPOW
A "Live Your Life, Buy The Book" Review

Oh gosh, that was such a wonderful read. I just LOVED it!! Is there anything sweeter than a holiday romance? At any age it is fun, but when you are a teenager on holiday with your family it just seems even more exciting! More often than not it is between two holiday makers, but this story has one of the guys being local. That, of course, adds a whole different dimension - if both guys are on holiday it makes the final goodbye hard, but at least they are both going - when one is left behind it makes the parting so much harder.

19 year old Simon is on a forced break from his boyfriend Leo, and in this game - Leo says and Simon does :-) So Simon is determined to have a holiday hook up, to see what is out there! If it is meant to be (him and Leo) then they will get back together after having a summer of seed sowing! Yes. Leo sounds like an idiot, but dammit that description of "sarcastic, sexy and just a little bit cruel" makes me want to get to know him, hopefully another story... please :-) You soon see though that Simon is just not wired that way, he really falls for Juan - and so the sad countdown of days left together begins.

Juan was just delicious! So sweet and passionate and poetic and so very, very scared. Every time Simon says or does something that doesn't fit the "hook up only" rule you can see his surprise. It broke my heart, wondering how many 90210 American boys had "passed time" with him. :-(

This is essentially a Young Adult story, so the sex is definitely not all that graphic but what you do get is beautiful. As Simon acknowledges himself, sometimes holding hands is more intense than anything else you might do. ♥ I also loved how Juan helps Simon in the sweetest way merely by pointing out that being open to the possibility of change is a step in the right direction.

Sara brought Costa Rica to life in this book. I wanted to see those turtles and feel the sand, to see the stars and swim in the sea!! A few months ago I read and loved Social Skills and I must say that I was really impressed with her writing style then ... now? In this short story? I think that Sara has hit her stride. Really beautiful. I can't wait to read more by this talented author. Go. Download the Book! It's free