BarbsBooks

For girls (and boys) who like boys,

who like boys. . . .

Live your Life, Buy the Book

BarbsBooks

The Moon's Dirty Light

The Moon's Dirty Light - H.L. Holston, Eleanor Bruce

4.5 Stars
A "Live Your Life, Buy The Book" Review

What a great supernatural read that was! Vampires, werewolves, fae, witches... the lot! They all coexist, albeit secretly, in the human world. Although the story only dealt with the Weres and the Vamps we do know the others are there, so I am hoping for more! Lots more!

Logan is a 41 years old Police Detective, openly gay and he is an Alpha Werewolf. His Lieutenant knows his little secret, but his partner (and object of his desire) Dylan has no idea that Supernatural beings even exist! Well, outside of his comics - which are his point of reference for everything in life. Very cute!

Dylan trained under Logan and is also openly gay. He has always thought Logan was very handsome, but their profesional relationship started while Dylan was still married, so nothing was going to happen. Now divorced, and only into guys, their relationship has stayed on that initial footing - partners on the force and best friends, nothing more .... until one night Logan ups the ante. You know how it goes... a little bit of pushing and playful shoving, then some wrestling, then before you know it you've banged the guy and your inner wolf has claimed him for his own. Oh yeah. Sexy as Hell!!

However when dead bodies are cropping up all over the city with the telltale markings of a rogue werewolf it makes Logan's confession all the more tricky. Dylan has no clue why the bite on his neck gets itchier when Logan is close. Or why his sense of smell and hearing have escalated. But when Logan finally tells him the truth - and with the full moon getting closer he really couldn't put it off any longer - well, Dylan is royally pissed. And rightly so!

I liked the way the author handled it - these murders are scary. Going from not knowing anything about weres to seeing how strong and violent they can be, as well as the prospect of a newly turned wolf going insane is a real fear for Dylan. As much as he cannot deny the sexual chemistry between him and his partner, he has a failed marriage behind him - so the thought of mating for life - an extended supernatural life at that is daunting! So yeah, he has a lot to take in, and the author didn't rush it.

I really enjoyed this book! The whole world, with the Vamp and Were Councils and the peace treaty between the species, was classic paranormal fare. The author didn't invent any new angles, and the book was sparkle free. Thank. God! I suppose the rogue Were was a bit of a damp squib, but I didn't really mind - the book didn't take itself too seriously. It was fun, funny and sexy as anything! I am hoping like crazy that Kaden or Anatol gets their own books - not that Kaden's sexual orientation is even alluded to. But a girl can dream, can't she? I also want to mention my favourite Vampire from the BDB series... Rehvenge. If I said Logan has a similar anatomical feature. Would you understand why I was hooked? Go. Buy the Book. You"ll love it!