BarbsBooks

For girls (and boys) who like boys,

who like boys. . . .

Live your Life, Buy the Book

BarbsBooks

Dark Around the Edges: Put the Gun Down

Dark Around the Edges: Put the Gun Down - Cari Z. 5 Stars - KAPOW!

Rio and Devon make their way to Seattle to find Porter Grey. They have the help of Lynlis Syfer’s bodyguard. He can manifest his tattoos as real objects! Anyway, they go to catch Porter. Along the way Devon and Rio decide to take a vacation after Porter is caught. Together. They decide to take a vacation together. Even Steven, the tattoo guy, notices they’re a couple. Devon tries to deny it. He settles on the old, “It’s complicated,” excuse. So of course it has to get more complicated! That’s how this stuff works. Porter sets a trap for them. Rio, Devon, and Steven are all pretty sure it’s a trap, but they have no idea how screwed they really are until they’re in the room with Porter and shoot the girl with him in the head. The girl does not live, but the demon using her body sure does. The demon that happens to be Devon’s father and can completely control him. The demon then takes Devon, his real target all along, shoots Porter and high tails it out of there.

I loved this episode! Oh man, I was so bummed when it ended and I had to wait a month. The guys, Devon and Rio, finally really start to admit things to themselves then get forced into admitting the truth aloud in front of their enemies. Poor Rio! It was bad. And the demon was able to look at him and immediately know he’s a nephilim, now we know too. Once again I’m stuck feeling frustrated I don’t know what is coming up. It’s a six part series and part four just had a serious crisis. Will five bring the climax to the story and six be resolution and wrap up? Am I stuck waiting til August to find everything out?! Gah! And what is going to happen with Porter?

Faye's review was also posted at Live Your Life, Buy The Book