BarbsBooks

For girls (and boys) who like boys,

who like boys. . . .

Live your Life, Buy the Book

BarbsBooks

The Machinist

The Machinist - Gryvon 3.5 Stars

That was over too quickly! I felt like I was just getting started. I didn’t find out there was another one until the day after I read it but thank goodness there is. I really liked it but it just wasn’t enough. I felt teased!

Avery wakes up in a cell with plenty of noise alerting him to something going on outside. He assumes somebody is raiding the place he is and as the noise gets closer to him so he knows they’re coming for him. The only thing notable about him is he’s a machinist. When the giant soldier with peppered hair appears to rescue or recapture him he’s willing to go with him because anything is better than his current situation. What awaits them outside the castle walls is a battle between men and monsters.

Okay. It’s a pretty short story so I’ll stop there but I honestly felt like this was the first few chapters of damn good book in the making. The chemistry between Avery and his savior was twisted but so damn hot! I love it when authors push what I think my limits are. I totally bought both the roles the guys played in the story and I’m looking forward to more. This is the second time I’ve read about gun play in the bedroom and yes it’s not something I’d like in real life but they liked it and it’s fiction. Looking forward to the guys exploring whatever it is they’ve found together.

Review posted at Live Your Life, Buy The Book