BarbsBooks

For girls (and boys) who like boys,

who like boys. . . .

Live your Life, Buy the Book

BarbsBooks

The Saturnalia Effect

The Saturnalia Effect - Heidi Belleau, Violetta Vane 4 Stars

I love prison books. So when Whit, my Goodreads Guru, saw this book she knew straight away who to pimp it to! Whit seldom steers me wrong, and this was no exception. It was good!!

Troy Khoury, as the blurb says, is in prison for life. He isn’t guilty, of course. Well, not of that crime. He is a bad kid for sure, but he was caught in a terrible burglary-gone-wrong with awful ramifications for him, his family and, obviously, the cop that was killed. This is one of the aspects about prison that fascinates me – there is such a strong possibility of turning bad kids into terrible adults. Troy is asked to do something that he is really not capable of …. or wasn’t, but a pretty boy in prison is sometimes forced to do whatever he has to in order to survive....

... for such a short book the authors really managed to fit so much back story in. One thing I would say is that you need to bear in mind that this is a Xmas story… so even though I thought for a while that my heart was going to break, it didn’t. I got my HEA. One that certainly stretched the bounds of belief, but if you can’t believe at Xmas then when can you? I really liked this book! Go. Buy the Book!

Read Barb's full review here Live Your Life, Buy The Book