BarbsBooks

For girls (and boys) who like boys,

who like boys. . . .

Live your Life, Buy the Book

BarbsBooks

I Can See For Miles

I Can See For Miles - Lisa Worrall 5 Stars - KAPOW!

Josh Donald was in a kayaking accident that left him blind and not long after that alone when his boyfriend broke up with him. Josh’s best friends Mario and Greg decided to take him on a week-long vacation to Camp Aisling, where he can get out of his apartment and have a good time. When they get there Josh meets Charlie Cooper the owner of the camp and is immediately drawn to Charlie’s voice.

Charlie Cooper is in the process of losing his site, he’s had Cataracts for many years but no matter how many surgeries he’s had nothing seems to be working as the Cataracts keep coming back. It kills him that he’s lost so much. Charlie wanted to be an architect but you can’t design buildings when you can’t see. After leaving an abusive boyfriend and coming home to his parents he discovered his true calling in life. The camp he runs is a wonderful place for kids and adults to come and have a good time.

Josh and Charlie hit it off immediately, and a pretty amazing relationship starts to grow between them. The two of them share the most wonderful week together until there’s an accident and Josh ends up in the hospital. At this point Charlie decides it would be so much better for Josh to not have him in his life. How can he protect Josh when his vision is getting worse everyday. We all know what will happen and it was heartbreaking watching Charlie walk away from the one man who could make him whole.

Of course I left out a few things because why ruin the story for the rest of you?

This is an incredible and beautifully written story that will touch your heart. I was hooked right from the beginning and found myself so deeply involved in Josh and Charlie’s story that I didn’t stop till the book was finished.

This was my very first read by Lisa Worrall and it won’t be my last. She wrote such an amazing and emotional story that I truly didn’t want it to end. But all good things must come to an end. I can only tell you to go buy the book and hope you love it as much as I did.

Jen's review can also be found at Live Your Life, Buy The Book