BarbsBooks

For girls (and boys) who like boys,

who like boys. . . .

Live your Life, Buy the Book

BarbsBooks

Indie Radio 113.9

Indie Radio 113.9 - Saura Underscore 4 Stars

So I read this book over the weekend – it was m/m (obviously) BUT it was a just a little bit different and a whole lotta good!

There were no cops or FBI agents with guns; nobody was in the closet, although it did deal with the difficulty of being openly gay while in the public arena; the MC’s were neither twinks nor Alpha hotties, just 2 average guys AND it had the “dreaded misunderstanding”!! So, not the normal tropes or characters that I like or expect in the m/m stories I enjoy, and yet I loved it!!

Imagine meeting your idol, the guy who plays the leading role in every one of your fantasies. Jacob is an American living in London, and no – there were no werewolves involved in this book What there is, is a radio DJ with a voice that does serious things to Jacob’s libido! Good things! On his birthday Jacob gets his wish when he meets the guy of his dreams, radio presenter, Ethan Moore. But can reality ever match up to fantasy? It damn near does for this cute couple, annnnnd …. cue the misunderstanding .

I really liked the way the story was written. It is from Jacob’s POV throughout, with the angsty bits in the middle being handled as a “flashback-wrap-up”, almost like ripping off a band-aid! That may not make sense here, but it worked well in the book, resulting in a book that read like a sweet fluffy romance! We all need sweet, fluffy romance reads once in a while, right?

It was the perfect read for me on a cold, wet, wintery day – a wonderfully warm and fuzzy, feel-good kind of book. Go. Buy the Book!

Barb's review was previously posted at Live Your Life, Buy The Book