BarbsBooks

For girls (and boys) who like boys,

who like boys. . . .

Live your Life, Buy the Book

BarbsBooks

Play Me, I'm Yours

Play Me, I'm Yours - Madison  Parker 4 Stars

“Play Me, I’m Yours,” is a little gem. A coming-of-age tale of a high school musical misfit facing the perils of being different as he grows into who he is supposed to be. It deals with acceptance, family angst, friendship, sex and the confusing world of dating when you’re 16 and 17 years old.

Even when you figure out who you are, it doesn’t mean you know what to do about it and that’s where Lucas Tate stands at the beginning of this story. Playing piano for new friend Trish as she sings in the school talent contest opens doors for Lucas. He meets a novel cast of characters — straights, gays, jocks, supporters and detractors — as he takes tentative steps into the dating world and maturity. Lucas shares who he is in his music. He pours himself into it, so it’s not surprising that music becomes the bridge to his family, friendship and finally, romance. The dynamics among Lucas’ parents, his brother and very sexy Zach are amazing. Parker gives us fully fleshed out characterizations of each of the players she puts on paper. These rich protrayals are diverse, dynamic, flawed, accepting, insecure and judgmental — all there in a mix of storytelling that is a joy to read....

See Carli's full review at Live Your Life, Buy The Book