BarbsBooks

For girls (and boys) who like boys,

who like boys. . . .

Live your Life, Buy the Book

BarbsBooks

Fire Tango

Fire Tango - Hayley B. James 4 Stars

Unlike Water Waltz, Fire Tango was not a spy novel. It was a murder mystery! I guessed the absolute wrong suspect and motive; I do every time. Like Water Waltz, trust was again a big issue in this book. Fremont had to trust Leandre to not stop loving him despite his past. Leandre had to trust that Fremont really wanted to be with him. Leandre also spends most of the book out of his element, both literally and metaphorically. As a demon he’s completely unfamiliar with devil culture, family structure, and law. As a fire demon being in Foxwood during the rainy season not only makes it difficult to use his element, but feels very physically uncomfortable for him.

Fremont and Leandre weren’t the only characters. Nolyn, a character that continued from Water Waltz and Pekelo were also in the book in addition to Varun, Triste, and a brief moment with Zephyr. Poor barely mature young air demon Nolyn is in love with the knowledge obsessed earth demon Pekelo. Typically, Pekelo, despite all his knowledge is completely unaware Nolyn would like them to be anything other than friends. I suspect their book is next. It’s not out yet, so I have to wait. As soon as it’s out I’m sure I’ll buy it.

Faye's full review can be found at Live Your Life, Buy The Book