BarbsBooks

For girls (and boys) who like boys,

who like boys. . . .

Live your Life, Buy the Book

BarbsBooks

Stroke Rate

Stroke Rate - L.M. Somerton 4 Stars

Whew! That was sexy! I can’t say the plot was great but the guys were pretty hot and the characters were good.

Ben is just trying to get through college. He keeps up the row house for a free room. His supervisor is a total prick and enjoys treating Ben like crap. He’s also supposedly straight but leers and makes sexual comments that make Ben uncomfortable but Ben needs the place to live and he gets to use the equipment to row. A day that started off bad turns worse for Ben when the gorgeous but arrogant prick demands he be his rowing partner for the morning.

Lucien Thorn is a lord. Raised with wealth and privilege he’s used to getting what he wants from people. He’s been watching Ben for six months and he likes what he sees. Really likes it. He has his sights set on Ben and he aims to get him.

I think this was a pretty good D/s story for those who don’t like the hard core stuff. I’d say it’s more a really bossy lover telling someone who likes to be told what to do in bed. Yes there was spanking and toys and a little rough sex but there was also a real love connection. The guys came from two different worlds but found some common ground. They admitted their feelings for each other quickly so there wasn’t a lot of angst. I think Lucien bordered on too big of a jerk for my tastes sometimes but he had some nice and tender moments. He also never wavered from his strong and dominate ways so I guess that’s realistic and Ben liked it. Another reason they were made for each other! Ben was a natural born submissive.

The rest of Whit's review can be found at
Live Your Life, Buy The Book