BarbsBooks

For girls (and boys) who like boys,

who like boys. . . .

Live your Life, Buy the Book

BarbsBooks

Giving an Inch (The Professor's Rule #1)

Giving an Inch (The Professor's Rule #1) - Heidi Belleau, Amelia C. Gormley 4 Stars
A "Live Your Life, Buy The Book" Review

It is very difficult to say much in a review of such a short book, that hasn’t either been said in the blurb already or leaves absolutely nothing new for the reader to discover themselves – but what I can say is that I liked the story. A lot. It was very, very sexy! Phone sex always is – and when it is done with photos in the change room of a store it moves it up a whole ‘nother level :-)

James met Carson at a time in his life when he desperately needed to be controlled. Sexually Carson calls the shots, obviously, but this focus and direction also helps James enormously in his academic life too. Carson is very demanding and James is fully on board for anything and everything Carson tells him to do, and more! That’s the problem – James is unable to set boundaries, he will push himself to the extreme not only because Carson asks or expects but maybe even more because he wants to go that hard, that far, no limits!

When James sends a photo of himself to Carson by mistake, Carson is super quick to adopt the role of Director in the Seduction of Satish (the sales assistant). James falls quickly into playing his part… Except he finds he likes Satish. He wants to have a date, a future with him.. maybe. Is it possible to fit both of these relationships into his life? Can he play the games but implement some rules himself? In the 2 years away from Carson has James actually realised that he can see lines that should not be crossed?

I found I liked Carson more at the end then I thought I actually would. He may be a very hard Dom, but he seems secure enough to not force the issues. He sees and respects James’ boundaries that James is unable to do himself. He is interesting for sure, and I look forward to Book 2 – in the hope of seeing more of the Professor.